The following Stage 1 restrictions have come into effect as of 12 pm today. These restrictions will be reviewed by the Government on a monthly basis.
The following facilities will be restricted from opening from midday local time 23 March 2020:
- Pubs, registered and licenced clubs (excluding bottle shops attached to these venues), hotels (excluding accommodation)
- Gyms and indoor sporting venues
- Cinemas, entertainment venues, casinos, and night clubs
- Restaurants and cafes will be restricted to takeaway and/or home delivery
- Religious gatherings, places of worship or funerals (in enclosed spaces and other than very small groups and where the 1 person per 4 square metre rule applies).
These measures build on the following existing measures so please ensure you continue complying with the following:
- No non-essential gatherings of more than 500 people outside or more than 100 people inside.
- All non-essential indoor gatherings of less than 100 people must have no more than one person per 4sqm. All Australians should expect their local businesses to be following this rule.
- Where possible, keep 1.5 metres between yourself and others
- Avoid non-essential travel
- Restrictions on entering aged care homes to protect older Australians.
You can still buy groceries, petrol, go to the pharmacy and get things delivered. Don’t forget to support each other and keep checking in on your neighbours and friends as more social distancing measures are introduced. Above all, remind yourself that these measures are only temporary, and by following the rules you are doing your bit to slow the spread of the virus and protect the community.
Please get in touch with Village Management if you have any questions.
Related blog posts
Joining a new campus away from home with new people can seem scary but know you’re not alone. The best way to overcome fear is to rip the Band-Aid off and get straight into it. Here are our tips on how you can get involved on campus!
Stu-cation WinnerPosted 30 June 2022 in CLV News
This month we offered our current residents the chance to win a 4-day stu-cation break for themselves and a friend, including expenses worth up to £1000. To win, Residents had to tell us which Campus Living Villages location they’d like to stay at and why.*